Friday, March 09, 2018

Such a low tide this morning

Getting hotter too. I would love some decent rain, nothing for months now, and although the nights have been a bit cooler I do wish for some cool damp autumn days. To think that I loved the heat and sitting on a beach, now if I sit I cant get up!! Age is not a beautiful thing. The Melbourne family arrive tonight, all ready for them. The eggs have been boiled but are still to be peeled for the platters for the wedding tomorrow. I think I will put my feet up for a little while. Even the beach walk saw me get back to the car and puff and feel over heated.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I was just thinking about the Ozone layer the other day. When I was a kid, I lived in a small town on Lake Michigan. I spent every day I could at the beach. I would be out there all day and never get a sunburn. When my daughter was about 8 the scientists started talking about the Ozone layer getting thinner. I believed that to be true since when I took her to the lake I burned easily and started using sun screen. I thrived in the heat back then. Now at my age, I still love the heat but can't deal with the humidity very well and Terry absolutely has a hard time with his COPD when it's humid.

Hope you get your rain, but after the wedding please. Enjoy your company.
xx, Carol