Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The last few days

Some photos from the last few days, on the drive to the Grampians, some of the work I did in Hilary Petersons collograph printing class, plates and prints. A couple of trees full of large cockatoos, a windmill while waiting for the Wellington ferry and this mornings walk along the base of the Bluff. I should have taken more photos but there were high winds and low cloud, my drive back through the mountains to Horsham was a bit nerve wracking, spectacular but I felt I shouldnt stop for photos, I was a bit worried about fallen trees and it is a very windy road and was quite early in the morning. I was very tired and as it was a 7 1/2 hour drive over and back and 2 full days of classes I was pretty tired by the time I got home.No unnecesary stops. Loved my class and my class mates were so nice and friendly. I hate to say it but I think this is my last interstate trip, I just find it too tiring and well I hate to admit it but I am getting older.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

boy I know how hard those trips can be. We rarely go too far from the house anymore, except a 5 hour round trip to visit one of Terry's doctors every 3 months. That just about wipes us out. I would not like to make that trip alone, and I'm not sure Terry could.
xx, Carol